Marbled (Philly Cream) Cheese Cake
Updated: Oct 2, 2019
With today being the first official day of Fall, I decided to upload this more than appropriate blog post on one of my favorite desserts, Marbled (Philly Cream) Cheese Cake!
I tend to make this a lot in the fall time every year as well as the traditional apple pie, pumpkin pie as well as my famous peach cobbler pie (I have a blog post on that).
-1 cup graham cracker crumbs;
-3 tablespoons of white sugar (to be used with graham cracker mix);
-3 tablespoons of butter, melted;
-3 packages (8 oz each) Philadelphia Brand Cream Cheese, softened;
-3/4 cup of sugar (to be used in the filling);
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract;
-white chocolate, meted;
-dark semi-sweet chocolate, melted;
The most important step in this recipe is having a little helper like Gunner watch over you the whole time....and successfully licking all the knobs in the kitchen...
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees;
2. In a bowl, mix the crumbs, sugar and butter together using a fork;
3. Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom of a 9 inch pan;
4. Bake for 10 minutes;
5. When crust is done baking,remove the pan from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 450 degrees;
6. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla at low speed until well blended;
7. Add eggs one at a time , beating at low speed after each addition;
8. Split the creme cheese into two big bowls and add the melted white and dark semi-sweet chocolate into the separate bowls;
9. Pour both the white and dark bowls into your 9 inch pan combining the two;
10. Take a knife and cut swirls through the creme cheese mixtures to create the marble effect;
11. Bake for 10 minutes;
12. Reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees and bake for 30 minutes. Do not open the oven door during baking;
13. Remove cake from the oven and lossen the rim of the pan (if applicable);
14. Cool completely before removing the rim of the pan (if applicable);
This is a great easy cake to make with Thanksgiving coming up and with it being both types of chocolate! You are bound to get some compliments and it also is boyfriend/husband approved!
As you can see Gunner was a very tired guy by the time mom finished baking...